I have a tendency to worry and stress myself out even though logically I know that it doesn’t help. So I’ve decided to actively look for the good things about each day for every day that I feel stressed out and overwhelmed. Please bear with me because I have a feeling I may need to do this on a daily basis for now. 🙂
Today, the good things are:
1. Having lunch almost every day with my co-workers here. It’s really nice because even if my co-worker on the same program I’m on isn’t there, I’m comfortable enough to go to the cafe and sit with the others, whom I don’t actually work with. For the hour or so that I’m there, they make me forget about whatever it is I’m worried about.
2. Knowing that there are people at work who care for my personal well-being; I just need to learn how to reach out and ask for help. It’s very difficult for me to ask for help, independent, control-freak that I am, but it’s nice to know that it’s there if or when I need it.
3. Continuing to meet people I click with. I love meeting people, but I love it even more when I instantly click with that person, even if we don’t end up hanging out all that often or seeing each other again.
4. My friends who love me even when I’m not at my best. I thank God for them everyday because they’ve taught me how to trust and how to be strong even in the midst of difficult situations. My issue isn’t that I have no one to call. It’s that I don’t know who to call first. 🙂
5. My family, particularly the adventurous side (we’re going to Niagara Falls in July!). Looking back, I’m very grateful for all the adventures we’ve gone on as a family. Thank you for awakening the curiosity within me and teaching me that the world is a wonderful place to explore.